Watch Care Procedures
All Rip Curl Watches are 100% Waterproof tested
Waterproof Tested A.T.S. Tide & Surf WatchesRip Curl watches are tested to the highest industry standards with the best Swiss pressure testing equipment and are purpose built for SURFING!
Note: All Industry standards watch testing is done to an overpressure situation in a static laboratory environment and does not signify a diving depth. See chart below for recommended usages.
Due to the fact that surfing is in no way a static sport, there are influences that can effect a watch's ability to keep water out. Eg. Frequent temperature changes, salt water and big wipeouts can diminish the longevity of the watches rubber seals.
To keep your watch in peak condition for surfing we recommend that you have your watch seals replaced and fully tested at the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre every 24 months.
Rip Curl watches are assembled and tested to exacting Swiss Quality Standards in a new state of the art manufacturing facility. Our guarantee of quality and service is a product of the Search...
Rip Curl Watch Recommended Usage Table• 100M/330ft: Suitable for water sports, such as: surfing, snorkelling, swimming and water skiing.
• 200M/660ft: Suitable for water sports, such as surfing, snorkelling, swimming, water skiing and scuba diving to normal depths.
Rip Curl Watch Care Procedures
1. Only use your watch for approved sports as detailed on page above.
2. Do not operate buttons under water.
3. If watch is exposed to salt water, rinse thoroughly in freshwater and wipe dry with a soft cloth.
4. Do not clean watch with spray cleaners, thinners or other such volatile agents.
5. Do not wear leather bands in water.
6. Never try to open the watch. Have batteries changed by Rip Curl technicians.
7. Avoid exposing your watch to extreme temperatures.
8. Should moisture appear inside the watch, have it checked by Rip Curl technicians.
9. Even though Rip Curl watches are produced to high standards, you should avoid dropping the watch and avoid rough treatment.
10. Avoid exposing the watch to gasoline, cleaning solvents, aerosol sprays and paint etc. as chemical reactions with such agents will destroy the watch's seals, case and finish.
Here are three things that'll make your future "after-sale watch service" life super easy...
1. Keep your receipt as proof of purchase in case you have a warranty claim.
2. Read through the warranty conditions carefully.
3. Be aware that your warranty is void if the watch is opened by anyone other than the Rip Curl service centre.