Rip Curl Warranty Info
Rip Curl Watches Have A 5 Year Limited Warranty
Please remember that your Rip Curl Watch Warranty is void if the watch is opened by anyone other than the Rip Curl Service Centre. All warranty claims MUST be sent with a purchase receipt clearly showing the purchase date. The warranty book is not proof of purchase without a purchase receipt. Eg. A purchase receipt is the cash register receipt or credit card statement clearly showing the purchase. Note: Rip Curl reserves the right to repair or replace, with an equivalent style, any warranty watch.
Five years on Movements from the date of purchase.
Note: A Movement is the part inside the Watch that makes it work, but it does not include the Crown, sometimes called the Winder.
Two years on Waterproof from the date of purchase.
Note: We recommend all Watches be serviced, resealed and tested for water proofness every two years as heat, temperature changes, salt and other elements will diminish waterproofness over time. Have this done at the Rip Curl Watch Service Centre and we will then issue a new warranty for another two years.
One year on batteries from the date of purchase.
Note: Rip Curl's Service Centre can replace all batteries and at the same time will reseal and test the watch functions and waterproofness. We will then issue a new one year warranty on the new battery.
Not covered by any warranty is the glass, band and case. Also not covered is damage caused by general wear and tear or any accidental damage.
• 3 year warranty on all stitching
• 12 month warranty on materials
• Wetsuit Accessories (such as boots, gloves, hoods) carry a 3-month warranty from date of purchase
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING :
• Damage caused by anything other than defects in materials or workmanship.
• Use in commercial, rental, teaching or instructional programs or activities.
• Damage caused by extended or excessive exposure to sunlight, improper handling or storage, or failure to follow instruction provided with this product.
• This product when classified as being 2nd hand or it is being sold as a 2nd (it is being sold as a product with existing defects).
• Normal wear and tear, including scratches and fading.
• Wetsuits repaired by other repair service.
To ensure you're covered by the best guarantee in the business, please make sure you keep your proof of purchase in a safe place.
Using the Warranty
There are 2 ways to use the warranty;
Return to Store
Go back to your local Rip Curl dealer, they'll send your suit to a Rip Curl service centre. You must have proof of purchase (receipt or invoice).
Rip Curl Wetsuits Repair Service
Send it back to Rip Curl by certified mail, along with proof of purchase (receipt or invoice). Your wetsuit will be returned to you as soon as possible free of charge (if covered under warranty).
Rip Curl Wetsuit Repair Centers
|Rip Curl Brazil LTDA
Av. Miguel Stefno, 4544
Enseada, Guarujá - SP
Cep: 11440 - 534 Brazil
+55 13 2101 0535
+55 13 2101 0534
|Rip Curl Australia
101 Surfcoast Hwy,
Torquay, Victoria 3228
Ph: +61 3 5261 0000
Fax: +61 3 5261 5432
|Rip Curl Europe S.A.S.
Wetsuit's repair service
407 ave nue de la Tuilerie
40150 Soorts-Hossegor– France
Ph: (33) 05-58-41-78-00
|Rip Curl USA
3030 Airway Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Bags & Wallets
The Rip Curl Bag and Wallet warranties cover the products to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for one year from original date of purchase when used under normal conditions and for the purpose intended. This warranty does not apply to damage caused by normal wear and tear, or unreasonable use or neglect. Please keep your receipt, as proof of purchase is required.
Your Rip Curl Eyewear warranty is void if the sunglasses have been tampered with or repaired by anyone other than the Rip Curl Service Centre. All Rip Curl sunglasses carry a one-year warranty from the date of purchase against manufacturing defects:
What's not covered by any warranty?
Scratched lenses; accidental damage; general wear and tear; and lost or stolen sunglasses.
How do you return Rip Curl Eyewear?
There are a few easy steps to follow when returning your sunnies...
1. Wrap them in bubble wrap to avoid scratches.
2. Place in a box, not an envelope.
3. To assist our technicians please include a brief description of the fault or repair required.
4. All warranty claims MUST be sent with a purchase receipt clearly showing the purchase date (a purchase receipt is the cash register receipt or credit card statement clearly showing the purchase).
Note: Rip Curl reserves the right to repair or replace, with an equivalent style, any warranty sunglasses.