2017 Rip Curl Pro Tofino
Presented By Monster Energy
Friday May 12 - Sunday May 14
1441 Pacific Rim Hwy,
We are very excited to announce that this is the 11th annual Rip Curl Pro Tofino presented by Monster Energy! Some of you have competed in all of them and for some of you this will be your first time. Either way, I hope you are just as excited about competing this year as we are!
Every year we strive to make the event better for competitors and spectators and we feel like this year’s event will be the best one yet! I hope to see each of you at Cox Bay May 12-14 for this years Canadian Championships and celebrate the gathering of Surfers from across Canada and around the World.
By Registering and having your credit card charged for this event has you waitlisted for your category, but does not confirm entry. You will be notified if your registration has been confirmed or declined at or before the close of registration. Confirmation will be based on 2016 event seeding, sponsor wildcards, and time stamp of your registration. Declined registration will be fully refunded.
1) A surfer can only compete in one of either Pro Men or Open Men divisions, not both.
2) SURF CANADA sanctions the Rip Curl Pro Tofino 2017 as the Canadian National Championships and reserves the right to determine if you should be competing in Pro or Open (E.g. If you have a large sticker on the nose of your board, or you were a finalist in the previous years AM/Open category, or other reasons, you could be moved up to surf Pro)
3) Surfer's are permitted to register for more than one category, however we discourage registering for more than two categories in order to give more surfers an opportunity to participate in at least one.
4) Divisions that are age sensitive is as of Jan.1 of 2017 e.g. U18 0-17yrs of age
5) Only those with a valid Canadian passport will be eligible for Canadian titles and Rip Curl Pro Tofino titles, those without valid passports will contest for Rip Curl Pro Tofino titles.