Brisa Hennessy currently lives in a tropical Fijian oasis, however the newly appointed WSL Championship Tour rookie is originally from Costa Rica. A beautiful, exotic country that is understandably on everyone’s bucket list! (And if it isn’t, it should be). Brisa found a second to let us in on some of her Costa Rican secrets...
Costa Rica sits right in the middle of Central America, lined by both the Caribbean and Pacific coastlines, covered in rugged, tropical rainforests and overflowing in fresh food and sloth-like wildlife… on your bucket list yet? Brisa explains where to eat, what to do, where to surf, what to wear and more. Here’s your go-to guide for travelling and surfing in Costa Rica.
Where does Brisa…
DO RAD STUFF
- Repel off waterfalls and trees with Andy Pruter (Everyday Adventures)
- Go on a jungle tour and check out all the animals
GRAB A BITE
- Martinez: great food, great vibes and my favourite farmers market every Saturday
- Lapa Rios: Eco lodge with amazing food! - Plus make sure you try the local stuff; gallopinto, patacones & aros con pollo
FIND FUN BEACH BREAKS
- Pan Dulce: super fun, long right!
LISTEN TO! TURN IT UP WITH...
- Nicky Jam, El Perdon
- Jack Johnson, Better Together
- Fran Ocean... everything!
- Bazzi... every song
- Zion I, Coastin’
And her choice of…
- All the one-pieces
Want more Brisa?
Follow her on Instagram: @brisahennessy or head to her Team Page for more info!