Main Purpose and Major Challenges of the Role
The position’s primary role is to help lead Rip Curl USA’s regional website and oversee the functionality of Ripcurl.com, while being a major stakeholder of Rip Curl’s digital initiatives, particularly on the front end of Ripcurl.com and Amazon.
Objective 1:Populate all product and product information for each new arrival launch.
Objective 2: Work closely with the Marketing Department to design and update all relevant content stories pertaining to the brand, as well as keeping all banners fresh.
Objective 3: Collaborate with Digital Commerce Operations Coordinator to optimize product display pages, utilizing lifestyle imagery, video, and telling any applicable technical stories.
Objective 4: Author and maintain the Digital Campaign Calendar.
Objective 5: Build and deploy product microsites that showcase our campaign, videos, social media, etc. to create a better connection to the audience.
Objective 6: Work diligently to optimize UX with the goal of increasing conversion rates.
DIGITAL MARKETING / TECH
Objective 1: Translate our campaigns to exciting digital formats on sites like SURFLINE.
Objective 2: Oversee email marketing initiatives, designing emails with the intent to drive revenue on Ripcurl.com. Lead email database growth initiatives.
Objective 3: Manage third party technology partners, ensuring maximum value from each partner. Suggest new technologies/partners while constantly evaluating current partners.
Objective 1: Optimize product presentation, utilizing A+ Detail pages, and ensuring the highest quality and quantity of images are utilized, as well as video where applicable.
Objective 2: Assist with performance marketing strategy and execution on Amazon to ensure we are accelerating demand and discoverability.
Objective 3: Assist in strategy and execution to increase reviews on all 401k styles exponentially.
- Extremely driven, independent, self-starter who strives to achieve greatness in every aspect of the job.
- Passionate about eCommerce, UX, design, and technology.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, ability to lead multiple projects at the same time, track progress, and report updates to stakeholders.
- Ability to take direction, work autonomously, and meet deadlines consistently.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Must be an expert in writing and understanding HTML, Photoshop, inDesign, etc.
- Must have a passion for action sports and show an understanding of the importance of BRAND as well as products.
- Must be extremely connected to the digital space, trends, and how things are moving.
- Must possess an understanding and work ethic that reflects “the web never sleeps”.
- Must show the ability to connect campaigns and product pushes to the digital space.