Position Title: Graphic Designer Reports to: Sr. Graphic Designer Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Main Purpose and Major Challenges of the Role
The main purpose of this role is to execute the graphic art production from the marketing department that includes but is not limited to: catalogs, advertisements, event artwork, and in-store visual communication.
- Objective 1: Contribute to design of al in-store marketing needs including windows, lightboxes, sign toppers, POP, etc.
- Objective 2: Execute all design needs to style guide set by Rip Curl’s Global Marketing Unit.
- Objective 3: Work with Sr. Graphic Designer and Print Room Operator to ensure timely and qualitative completion of all tasks to calendar.
- Objective 1: Assist Sr. Graphic Designer in production process of catalogs.
- Objective 2: Work with product managers to address needs in catalogs.
- Be proactive to stay ahead of the calendar.
Accountability: Internal Support
- Objective 1: As what is delegated from Sr. Graphic Designer, execute artwork for events, sales meeting, tradeshows, and general promotion related collateral.
- Objective 2: Design go to market overviews, Image menus, and other internal documents that require visuals.
- Contribute ideas to style guides, campaigns, etc.
- Must be motivated and an exceptional multi-tasker.
- Must be detail oriented, ensuring every standard of our style guide is upheld.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must be able to take direction and feedback.
- Must be able to track projects from start to finish according to calendar.
Qualification & Experience Requirements
- Must be an expert in inDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Degree in graphic design
- Strong communication skills
- 1-3 Years of graphic design experience
- Knowledge of printing process