Club Rip Curl Online Terms & Conditions
Club Rip Curl is a membership program that connects and rewards people from around the world who have a passion and love for all things surf and the beach lifestyle. Members of the club will receive a continuous stream of tips, tricks, hacks, and epic product that is designed to enhance the end-to-end surf and beach experience
- Earning Points - Eligible Purchases
- Other Ways To Earn Points
- Additional Member Benefits
- Using Points
- Expiry Of Points
- Communications With Rip Curl and Opting Out
- Termination Or Suspension of Club Rip Curl Membership
- Other Important Terms (Severability, Liability, and Changes)
1.1. These Terms and Conditions form the basis of Club Rip Curl. Members are responsible for reading and understanding the Terms.
1.2. Terms are effective from the effective Date specified above and may be amended by Rip Curl from time to time. The current Terms and Conditions are those available at www.ripcurl.com/us/policies/terms.html
1.3. All Members are bound by these Terms.
In these Terms, where capitalised, the following terms have the meaning given to them below, unless the context otherwise requires:
2.1. Activity means any transaction or actions under which Points are earned by a Member or under which Points are used or redeemed by a Member in accordance with these Terms
2.2. Benefit means a benefit which accrues to a Member pursuant to these Terms and includes the earning of Points, the use of Points and any other benefits provided to Members.
2.3. Club Rip Curl Account or Member Account means the dashboard record of the Member’s Membership, which is available to the Member online at https://www.ripcurl.com/us, which will include the Member’s information, profile and Points Balance including a record of Points earned and Points used by the Member.
2.4. Dollars, Cents and $ means amounts in USD
2.5. Eligible Family Member means any person related to a Member in any of the ways described below:
- Domestic Partner/De Facto
- Child, including foster and step-child
- Half Brother/Half Sister
2.6. Eligible Persons means individuals who are residents of the United States of America aged 16 years and over.
2.7. Eligible Purchase means a purchase by a Member at retail level (and not for resale) of any product from a Rip Curl Online Store
2.8. Eligible Stores are Rip Curl Online Stores.
2.9. Federal Trade Commission means the United States Federal Trade Commission.
2.10. Membership means membership of Club Rip Curl.
2.11. Member means a current member of Club Rip Curl.
2.12 Trademarks means any and all trademarks registered by Rip Curl, its related bodies corporate or any other Rip Curl Group Company.
2.13. Terms means these Terms and Conditions as in force from time to time.
2.14. Points means means Club Rip Curl points generated by Members in accordance with these Terms.
2.15. Points Balance means the running balance of Points held by a Member from time to time as reflected in the Member’s Club Rip Curl Account, recognising Points earned less Points used/redeemed, in accordance with these Terms.
2.16. Points Value means the monetary value based on which Points are redeemed, being 100 Points equates to 5 Cents ($0.05).
Rip Curl means Rip Curl Inc and its related bodies corporate, and where the context requires, the Rip Curl brand.
2.17. Rip Curl Online Store Rip Curl owned Rip Curl branded ecommerce websites at https://www.ripcurl.com/us.
2.18. Rip Curl Store means:
- Rip Curl branded Flagship & Outlet physical stores located in the United States of America;
- Rip Curl Online Stores
3.1. Membership is available to Eligible Persons only. Eligible Persons can become Members of Club Rip Curl by signing up and providing the information requested. The Member can sign up online at our website, via our Search GPS Watch app, or by contacting our Customer Support Team.
3.2. No purchase is required to become a Member. For the avoidance of doubt, Members will not accrue Points if no purchases are made. Additional Member Benefits set out in clause 6 will apply regardless of if purchases are made
3.3. To be eligible for Membership the Member must be a resident of the United States of America and Points can only be earned or used in the USA. Dollar amounts referred to in these Terms are USD.
3.4. Items purchased using Points or a Club Rip Curl Benefit may not be resold for profit.
3.5. Club Rip Curl eligibility is restricted to one Membership per Eligible Person. The Member must use a genuine name, current address, contact number and date of birth (as well as other up to date and correct information as requested) in connection with their Club Rip Curl account.
3.6. Members must advise Rip Curl of any change of name, address, email or other details provided as soon as practical after the change by updating their Member Account. Written proof may be required for any change. Rip Curl is not responsible for any failure by a Member to update or keep current and accurate their Member details.
3.7. Rip Curl reserves the right to require such further information or evidence from Members or applicants for Membership as it deems necessary to administer Club Rip Curl and ensure that Members are eligible for Membership and entitled to their Points Balance.
3.8. Rip Curl may in its absolute discretion refuse to grant any person (including an Eligible Person) Membership or terminate any Member’s Membership. Rip Curl will act reasonably and in accordance with all applicable laws when exercising its rights pursuant to this clause 3.8.
4. Earning Points - Eligible Purchases
4.1. For every dollar spent by a Member on an Eligible Purchase, the Member will receive one hundred Points, meaning 100 Points are earned for every $1.00 of an Eligible Purchase. The spend includes relevant sales taxes where applicable. Points are not rounded in any way, for example an Eligible Purchase of $79.95 will grant the user 7,995 Points.
4.2. Points are earned on the dollar amount actually spent on the Eligible Purchase and are not earned to the extent Points, Vouchers or gift certificates are utilised.
4.3. Points from Eligible Purchases will be calculated by applying the allocated final retail price actually paid after any discount is applied (including any relevant sales tax if applicable). Discounts applied to the total purchase price paid for multiple products purchased will be applied to all products equally.
4.4. In order for any purchase from Rip Curl Online Stores to automatically add to a Member’s Points Balance, the Member must identify themself as a Club Rip Curl Member at the time of making the purchase by logging into their Club Rip Curl Account prior to checking out on the Rip Curl Online Store.
4.5. For any eligible purchase from a Rip Curl Online Store, if the Member does not identify themself at the time of purchase, to add to the Member’s Points Balance, the Member must verify the purchase within 6 months of the purchase date by following a simple process, accessible through their Member Account, which will include providing a copy of the tax invoice confirming the receipt of the Rip Curl products and identifying the price paid. Purchases will not be added to the Member’s Point Balance if the process in this clause 4.5 is not followed by the Member.
4.6. If a Member returns a product on which Points have been earned for a refund, the amount refunded will be deducted from the Member’s total accumulated spend and Points balance. Members must identify themselves as Members by logging in to their Club Rip Curl account when returning such products via Rip Curl Online Stores. For the avoidance of doubt, products on which Points have been earned may only be returned via the online returns process.
5. Other Ways To Earn PointsClub Rip Curl Members can also earn Points, in addition to Eligible Purchases, in the ways set out in this section. The below measures may be offered in Rip Curl’s absolute discretion from time to time, may be suspended or terminated at any time, and may be offered on such terms and conditions as Rip Curl determines.
Rip Curl may also in its absolute discretion decide to offer Members additional ways to earn Points and any such offers will be on the terms and conditions advised by Rip Curl. Any additional ways in which Members may earn Points including any applicable terms and conditions:
a. will be posted on Rip Curl’s website from time to time in Rip Curl’s absolute discretion; and
b. any suspension or termination of additional ways to earn Points will be notified to Members in accordance with clause 14.3
5.1. Surfing via Rip Curl Search GPS watch
- Members who own and are registered users of a Rip Curl Search GPS watch and related app will be rewarded with 200 Points per wave surfed by them and captured on their Search GPS watch and uploaded to the Search GPS app, when uploaded to the app.
- Rip Curl may from time to time and on such conditions as it in its absolute discretion determines, offer other potential Points earning offers for Rip Curl Search GPS watch users related to different criteria it may identify (for example number of surfs, duration of a surf, size of swell, wave speed or other criteria it identifies from time to time), and may extend this offer to other GPS based surfing devices.
- Until 8 February 2024, points earned by a Member through any surfing statistics uploaded to the Search GPS Watch app are capped at 50,000 Points per annum. From 9 February 2024, points earned by a Member through any surfing statistics uploaded to the Search GPS Watch app are capped at 80,000 points per annum.
- Points will only be earned for waves actually surfed by the Member (or other criteria identified as relevant) and recognised on the Search GPS Watch app. Rip Curl reserves the right to, in its absolute discretion, not recognise data uploaded on a Search GPS watch or app as generating any Points, including where it has any reason to suspect fraud or manipulation. Note that the accuracy of the GPS service and collection and recognition of measures by the GPS Watch and app is not warranted – see Search GPS Watch and App Terms and Conditions at this page: https://searchgps.ripcurl.com/welcome/terms-and-conditions.html.
- Rip Curl may on such conditions as it in its absolute discretion determines, extend this benefit to other applicable devices and related apps, including but not limited to, Garmin, Nixon, Wahoo and Apple watches.
5.2. Product Reviews
- Rip Curl may from time to time, in its absolute discretion, incentivise Members by inviting them to undertake online product reviews of its products that they have purchased with rewards of up to 10,000 Points for completion of such reviews. Such incentive offers will be made in Rip Curl’s absolute discretion and will be subject to such specific additional terms and conditions as Rip Curl identifies (but which will not be based on the rating of or comments in the review).
- Without limiting clause 5.2a, any online product review provided by Members in accordance with clause 5.2 must include a statement disclosing any incentive provided to the Member in respect of the review as required by the Federal Trade Commission.
5.3. New Member referral
- Rip Curl may from time to time, in its absolute discretion and on such conditions as it requires, incentivise Members to help us acquire new Club Rip Curl Members with awards of up to 10,000 Points per new Member signed up to Club Rip Curl.
- A referrer must be a Member at the time the new person signs up for Membership in order to receive the benefits of any Points.
5.4. Bonus Points Offers
- Rip Curl may from time to time, in its absolute discretion and on such conditions as it requires, offer additional or bonus Points at significant times or for milestones it identifies.
6. Additional Member Benefits
As well as earning Points, Club Rip Curl members will enjoy the following Benefits:
6.1. Digital Membership card: A digital Membership card will be made available to Members for download which will be able to be saved to the digital wallet of applicable smartphones and devices. Physical Membership cards will not be issued.
6.2. Surf lessons and coaching: A one-month free membership to ‘Rip Curl - Surf Better Now’ online surf school that delivers coaching content tailored to the nominated surfing ability of the Member. This offer will be valid for a maximum period of 12 months from the initial date of the Member’s sign up.
6.3. Annual Birthday Gift: Members will receive a $20 Voucher for purchases of Rip Curl products from Rip Curl Online Stores. This birthday voucher will be an electronic voucher with a 30-day expiry and will be on such terms and conditions as to its use that Rip Curl advises.
6.4. Free online shipping: Members will receive free shipping within the United States of America for online purchases from the Rip Curl websites. This shipping does not include express delivery.
6.5. Priority Viewing of Ranges, Products and Offers: Members may receive early visibility of new ranges, products and offers 48 hours before the public.
6.6. Goodbye Receipts: Electronic receipts will be retained against Members Accounts for purchases made as a Member (which earn or use Points) so that Members will not need to keep physical receipts for warranties or returns for these transactions.
7. Using Points
Members can use Points included in their Points Balance in the following ways
7.1. To purchase Rip Curl branded products from Rip Curl Online Stores: Members will be able to use Points to purchase Rip Curl products in Rip Curl Online Stores, based on the Points Value of their Points and at the applicable final retail price (after any discounts, and including applicable sales taxes). Points may be combined with cash to make purchases where the Member’s Points Balance is not sufficient to purchase a product.
7.2. To purchase Rip Curl Experiences: Rip Curl may from time to time offer unique experiences for purchase by Members, through fixed price or auctions or other means, in its absolute discretion and on such conditions as it requires. Such experiences will only be able to be purchased using Points Balances (i.e. without cash top ups).
7.3. To help the World/Environment: Rip Curl will identify global charity partners of Club Rip Curl to which Members can donate Points from their Points balance by following simple steps accessed via their Member Account.
7.4. Points cannot be redeemed for cash.
7.5. Points are non-transferable and are for the sole use of the relevant Member subject to these Terms.
8. Expiry Of Points
8.1. All Points in a Member’s Points Balance will expire after 24 months with no Activity on the Member’s Account or if the Member’s Account is terminated in accordance with clause 3.8
8.2. A Member’s Points Balance is automatically terminated and all Points will expire on:
- The death of the Member;
- Termination of the Member’s Membership due to breach of any of these Terms; and/or
- The Member terminating their Membership.
9.1. Club Rip Curl Members may from time to time, in Rip Curl’s absolute discretion, be issued with Vouchers. The following conditions apply when redeeming a Voucher granted to Members (in addition to any specific terms identified on the Voucher or at the time of issue of the Voucher).
9.2. Vouchers can only be used to purchase Rip Curl branded products from Rip Curl Online Stores by the Member to whom the Voucher was issued.
9.3. Only one Rip Curl Club Voucher of any kind may be applied to a single transaction.
9.4. Birthday Vouchers are valid for the 30-day period identified on the voucher only.
9.5. Birthday Vouchers can only be redeemed at Rip Curl Online for purchases equalling or exceeding the amount of the Birthday Voucher. For the avoidance of doubt, Birthday Vouchers cannot be redeemed for amounts less than the amount of the Birthday Voucher.
9.6. Wetsuit Recycling Vouchers, if issued, are single use Vouchers and valid for use only at the participating Rip Curl Store at which the wetsuit(s) were recycled on that same day and in a single transaction to purchase a wetsuit. Only one wetsuit Recycling Voucher will be issued to a Member no matter how many wetsuits are recycled by that Member.
9.7. Vouchers will automatically expire and terminate at the end of the validity period identified on the Voucher, and any unused portion of the Voucher will automatically expire at this time.
9.8. To redeem a Voucher online, the Member must first log into their Club Rip Curl account and follow the redemption process in the Shopping Cart Summary.
9.9. Vouchers cannot be used to purchase gift cards or e-gift cards.
9.10. Vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
9.11. Unless identified as a single use Voucher (such as the Wetsuit Recycling Voucher), the Member does not need to use the entire value of a Voucher in a single transaction. Any un-used balance will remain on the Voucher until the value of the Voucher has been used in full or the Voucher expires.
9.12. Vouchers can only be used/redeemed by the relevant Club Rip Curl Member. the Member will need to log into their Club Rip Curl account online or identify themself as the Club Rip Curl Member in store, in order to use their Reward Voucher. Vouchers cannot be combined, including with other Eligible Family Members.
9.13. Additional Vouchers may be issued with such validity periods and on such additional or alternative terms as Rip Curl in its absolute discretion imposes and any such terms will to the extent of any inconsistency, override the above terms.
9.14. Singles Day Vouchers issued on the 11/11/2023 are single use Vouchers and valid for use only at the participating Rip Curl Stores. A minimum spend of $50 applies to activate the Singles Day voucher value. Your Singles Day ooffer will be available instantly with your redemption code located at the base of the ‘Club Rip Curl’ page within your account on the Rip Curl website. Additionally, you will also receive email communication within an hour with your redemption code. Any issues please reach out to Customer Service for further support.
10.1. Refunds to which a Member is entitled will be given in the form of currency used for the purchase (i.e. if Points were used to purchase a product that is returned for a refund, Points will be credited for the refund, or if Points and cash were both used then Points will be credited to the extent used and cash refunded to the extent used). If and to the extent a Voucher was used for the relevant purchase, a replacement Voucher will be given as refund (with the same expiry date).
10.2. If multiple products were purchased using more than one form of payment (e.g. cash, Points, Voucher) and a product is returned for a refund, the following rules will govern how any such refund will be made:
- First, Points will be refunded to the Member Account up to the value of Points used for the original purchase transaction;
- Second, if after refunding Points to the Member Account there is still an amount owing on the refund for the original purchase transaction and a Voucher was also used for the original purchase transaction, a replacement Voucher will be issued with the same expiry date as the original Voucher, up to the amount of the Voucher or the balance of the original purchase transaction, whichever is less; and
- Third, if after refunding Points to the Member Account and issuing a Voucher there is still an amount owing on the refund for the original purchase transaction, any balance will be refunded by way of any other payment form used in the transaction (i.e. any balance paid by a credit card will be refunded to that credit card, any balance paid by cash will be refunded by cash).
11. Member Obligations and Responsibilities
11.1. Members must not:
- Engage in behaviour or act in any way that breaches these Terms and Conditions;
- Engage in any illegal or fraudulent activities in regards to earning Points under the Membership; or
- Attempt to sell, assign, transfer, acquire or use any Points other than in the allowable and outlined ways under these Terms and Conditions
11.2 Members are responsible for alerting Rip Curl of any omission or incorrect entry of Points within 6 months of any Activity outlined as granting the Member points under these Terms and Conditions.
12. Communications With Rip Curl and Opting Out
12.1. When joining Club Rip Curl the Member’s information is collected so that we can communicate with them as a Club Rip Curl Member and provide them with offers and information from Rip Curl. By signing up to Club Rip Curl, the Member agrees to be contacted for this purpose.
12.2. The Member can opt out of receiving marketing information and communications at any time if they choose to do so via their Member Account, or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any email we send them. Opting out in this way will not result in termination of the Member’s Club Rip Curl Membership.
12.3. Members may elect to terminate their Club Rip Curl Membership at any time by notifying us. Any Points held at this time will be cancelled and the Member will be unsubscribed from receiving marketing information and communications.
12.4. Each Member acknowledges that Rip Curl collects, uses and discloses information about the Member, in accordance with the Privacy Statement available on the Rip Curl website, which contains more detailed information about how a Member’s personal information is processed.
12.5. This section survives the termination of these Terms and of Club Rip Curl.
13. Termination Or Suspension of Club Rip Curl Membership
13.1. Rip Curl gives no warranty as to the continuing availability of Club Rip Curl and reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Club Rip Curl program at any time. We will endeavour to provide Members with at least 3 months notice if we decide to do this. Members will be able to redeem existing Points Balances during this notice period subject to these Terms, and any accrued and unused Points remaining at the termination of Club Rip Curl will expire.
13.2. The breach of any of these Terms by a Member may result in immediate termination of the Member’s Club Rip Curl Membership and immediate loss of any Points Balance and other Benefits. Rip Curl reserves the right to review Members details and audit Members’ Points Balances to confirm that the Member is and remains an Eligible Person and/or is entitled to their Points Balance, and may suspend a Member’s Club Rip Curl Membership during any such review (during which time Points may not be redeemed).
13.3. In the instance that a Membership is suspended or terminated pursuant to this clause 13, the Member will not be entitled to reimbursement in any form for any expired or lost Points or Benefits. For the avoidance of doubt, any Points or Benefits which have not otherwise expired or been lost due to termination or suspension of a Rip Curl Club membership are subject to these Terms.
14. Other Important Terms (Severability, Liability, and Changes)
14.1. By accepting Club Rip Curl Membership and any of its Benefits or other services, the Member agrees to these Terms and any variation to them (as notified to the Member in accordance with these Terms). The Member also agrees to provide Rip Curl with any changes to their contact details from time to time.
14.2. Rip Curl may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time, including the Benefits available. Rip Curl will make all reasonable efforts to communicate changes, as soon as reasonably practicable, using such methods including, but not limited to, the Club Rip Curl Newsletter, emails sent to the email address provided by the Member in their Member Account, the Member’s Rip Curl web account, text message (if the Member has consented to text message or email on registration as a Member) or push notification (if the digital membership card has been added to the Members Google or Apple Wallet) . In the instance that these Terms and Conditions are amended, the changes will take effect from the time the amendment is made or its stated effective date, and continued Activity will be taken as acceptance of these changes.
14.3. Where such amendments may limit or negatively impact on Benefits, Rip Curl will give 3 months’ notice of such changes, and in this case, Members will be taken to have received the notice if communicated by the means outlined above in clause 14.2.
14.4. If part or all of any provision of these Terms is invalid, illegal or unenforceable then it will first be read down to avoid that consequence, but if that is not possible it will be severed from these Terms and the remaining provisions of these Terms will continue to have full force and effect.
14.5. Rip Curl acknowledges that certain jurisdiction’s laws imply terms, conditions or warranties into contracts for the supply of goods or services that cannot be excluded. Nothing in these Terms is intended to exclude or restrict the application of such laws.
14.6. Subject to clause 14.5 (above), and to the extent permitted by law in any applicable jurisdiction, Rip Curl and any of their related bodies corporate and their officers, employees or agents are not liable for any loss or claim of any kind (including, without limitation, consequential or economic loss or loss of profits), arising under or in connection with these Terms or Club Rip Curl, including, without limitation, any changes to the Terms or Club Rip Curl, save to the extent that such loss or claim arises from the negligence or wilful misconduct Rip Curl Group Company or a related body corporate, or any of their officers, employees or agents.
14.7. All content and materials used in Club Rip Curl promotional materials are the property of Rip Curl to the extent provided for under copyright law. Unauthorized use of this content and these materials is strictly prohibited.
14.8. Rip Curl is the sole owner of any right, title and interest in and to any and all Trademarks registered in its name. No licence is granted to Members for the use of those Trademarks.
14.9. Members can read more about Club Rip Curl Membership and find answers to other queries in our Help Centre, located via the Member’s account dashboard.
14.10. Personal information provided will be managed in accordance with these Terms and Rip Curl’s Privacy Statement. A copy of our privacy statement is available at https://www.ripcurl.com/us/policies/privacy.html
14.11. These Terms and Membership of Club Rip Curl are governed by, and will be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, United States of America. In any legal action or other process with respect to these Terms or Club Rip Curl Membership, Members submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of California, United States of America.