Rip Curl Blog
Outstanding Employees Honoured At 2nd Annual Rip Curl Gala
This past Wednesday evening over 300 Rip Curl employees ditched wetsuits and boardshorts and donned tuxes, suits, party dresses and ball gowns, heading out to The Sands for the 2nd Annual Rip Curl Gala Night.
Held for the first time in 2017, the Gala is all about looking back on the Financial Year and celebrating successes around the company, specifically recognising those who stood out in certain categories throughout the year.
“This night is all about looking back on the long hours and hard work we’ve all put in throughout the last 12 months, and I think each and every one of you did the company proud,” - Michael Daly, Rip Curl Group CEO
Rip Curl Group CEO Michael Daly kicked off the night with a speech congratulating all staff around Rip Curl, as well as Ozmosis – a recent Rip Curl acquisition. The warehouse crew was especially acknowledged, as they worked tirelessly throughout the summer months moving the large Ozmosis warehouse down to Rip Curl’s head office in Torquay.
“This night is all about looking back on the long hours and hard work we’ve all put in throughout the last 12 months, and I think each and every one of you did the company proud,” Daly said. “Enjoy tonight and let’s celebrate a great year, while we gear up for the next.”
It was a night to remember honouring a successful year in local business. A huge congratulations to all nominees and especially to the winners of each award. Until next year!
The winners in each category were as follows:
- Customer Service Award – Samantha Frith, Customer Service
- Creativity and Innovation Award – Angie Vendy, Retail Management
- Committed Crew Award – Lee Graham, Warehouse and Distribution
- Community and Environmental Award – Shasta O’Loughlin, Global Purchasing
- Honesty and Integrity Award – Paul Mayes, Finance
- Best Newcomer Award – Summer Buckland, Group Sourcing and Development
- Retail MVP Award – Maia Harrison, Byron Bay Retail Store
- Unsung Hero Award – Wendy Denholm, Finance
- Distribution MVP Award – Hassan Azleem, Warehouse and Distribution