A four-hours drive south of Sao Paulo, off the highway and through a long, winding road surrounded by lush tropical jungle, you will find the town of Maresias. One main road runs through the town, and at first glance there is nothing remarkable about the small seaside town. But then you see the Gabriel Medina Instituto.
Maresias is where 2x World Champion Gabriel Medina grew up. It is where he learnt to surf, where he fell in love with the ocean, and where he hatched his dream of becoming Brazil’s first World Surfing Champion.
He came on to the World Tour in 2011 fresh-faced and inexperienced, but with an unparalleled hunger and a drive, along with an innate talent, he quickly made rose the ranks and put himself in the position of a formidable threat to the top surfer’s in the world.
Today, he is a 2x World Champion, Brazil’s surfing hero, and the best surfer in the world. Raw. Real. Innovative. Passionate.
Wondering what a 2x World Surfing Champion wears in his day-to-day? Whether he's on the road, in the water or spending time at home, these are a few of Gabriel's favourite picks...
- Gabriel Medina 10M 19" Mirage BoardshortAs low as $89.99 AUD
- E7 Limited Edition E-Bomb 4/3mm Zip Free Wetsuit SteamerAs low as $599.99 AUD
- Women's E7 Limited Edition E-Bomb 3/2mm Zip Free WetsuitAs low as $549.99 AUD
- E7 Limited Edition E-Bomb 3/2mm Zip Free WetsuitAs low as $549.99 AUD
- Gabriel Medina Line Up Mirage Ultimate 20" BoardshortAs low as $0.00 AUD
- Searchers 19" ShortsAs low as $0.00 AUD
- Search GPS 2 WatchAs low as $399.99 AUD