Win A Trip to UrbnSurf Melbourne Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed only in acceptance of these Conditions of Entry by each entrant. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
- Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents who are 16 years and over (“Eligible Entrants”). Individuals must have a valid Email Address and purchase receipt in order to access the promotional entry mechanism.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promotion commences on 1st November 2021 at 12am (AEST) and closes on 31st December 2021 at 5.30 pm (AEDT) (“Promotion Period”).
- Winners will be selected at random.
- To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period, purchase any Rip Curl Womens product(s) in any one transaction to the retail value of $80 from one of the Selected Stores and fill out all fields, sign and lodge the entry form provided. The value of Rip Curl branded Womens products (only) in a single transaction must exceed $80 to qualify for entry. One winner from each Store Group will be selected.
- Multiple entries will only be accepted for separate purchases over $80 of Rip Curl Womens product(s) (only) in any one transaction. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- There are 12 separate Prizes to be won, one in relation to eligible purchases made from each Store Group. Selected Stores are any physical retail stores which form part of the following physical retail Store Groups:
1. Saltwater Wine
2. Red Herring
10. The Boardroom
11. Southern Man
12. Swimwear Galore
See Appendix A for a full listing of selected stores and the main store for each Store Group at which the relevant prize draw will take place.
- The prizes will be drawn on the 17th January 2022 at the Promoter’s office, 101 Surfcoast Highway, Torquay, Victoria and the winners will be notified by email or phone within 7 days of the judging date and will have their details published on the Rip Curl website for 28 days.
- The winners must claim the prize by 12pm AEDT 9 February 2022 (28 days from the day the winner was chosen) by responding to Rip Curl by e-mail or phone call. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by that time, then the prize will be forfeited.
- A redraw of the any Prize may take place if the winner does not claim their prize by the time stated in clause 10. The redraw will take place middday on 9 February 2022.
- To enter, eligible Entrants will then be required to fill in the entry form and enter their details in full as required by the store staff member.
- Entrants who submit an entry will be required to hold on to a copy of their store/email receipt (for each entry they have made) as proof of purchase in the event they are the winner.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted or addressed, illegible or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, theft, destruction, communications or mail delivery failure or otherwise.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of Identity, proof of purchase and proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address in order to claim the Prize. Proof of identification and residency is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that the winner cannot provide suitable identification, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal purchases. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Each Prize has a Prize Value of between $500 and $2,500. The combined total maximum Prize value for the 12 individual Prizes is up to $15,000 AUD.
- The Prize values are based upon the recommended retail price at the time of printing (inclusive of GST) and estimated winner locations. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date
- The Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- Each of the 12 Prizes is an opportunity to attend UrbnSurf Melbourne for a 2 hour surf session. Date to be finalised but will likely to be in the month of March 2021. The Prizes are not redeemable or transferable for another time. Once the date is set, this final. The Prize includes return domestic airfares from Australia/NZ from the nearest capital city to their store of purchase to Melbourne, entry to the UrbnSurf pool for the 2 hour surf sessions. Surfboard and wetsuit hire is included if required. Transfers to and from UrbnSurf to Melbourne airport. It does not include any accommodation, meals or other expenses which may be required as part of the trip. It may not be possible for return airfares to be arranged for the same day as the event and if so the winner accepts responsibility for arranging and paying for their own accommodation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in the promotion or the taking of a Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion subject to any written directions from the various lottery departments or due to any travel or other restrictions put in place as a result of the covid-19 virus or otherwise
- Entrants confirm that they are aware that surfing is an inherently dangerous activity and that the taking of the Prize may involve a risk of injury or even death. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury (including death) which is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in the promotion or the taking of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner or companion to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to participate in the Prize.
- The winner agrees to the Promoter using their name, image, and any photographs or audio and or video footage (“materials”) of the winner accepting or using the Prize for publicity or promotional purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own all copyright and other intellectual property rights in any such materials and will upon request from the Promoter enter into such formal assignments or licenses as the Promoter requires for this purpose.
- Entrants confirm that they are aware that surfing is an inherently dangerous activity and that the taking of a Prize may involve a risk of injury or even death. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury (including death) which is suffered or sustained, as a result of participating in the promotion or the taking of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner or companion to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize if the Promoter determines, in its absolute discretion, that the winner is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to be able to participate in the Prize.
- It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the winner and companion will be required to sign an indemnity, release and waiver form provided by the Promoter pursuant to which they accept full liability and responsibility for all loss, injury, damage or costs that they may suffer or incur as a result of accepting or participating in the Prize and release the Promoter from any claims in relation to the Prize, and contains such other conditions as the Promoter may in its absolute discretion include. UrbnSurf will also require the winners to sign their standard indemnity and waiver forms and comply with all relevant directions and guidelines.
- Taxation implications may arise from the winning of the Prize and the winner should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the Prize. The Promoter is in no way responsible for any tax implications arising as a result of the winner accepting the Prize.The Promoter is Rip Curl Pty Ltd of 101 Surfcoast Highway, Torquay Victoria 3228, ABN 40 004 838 064, telephone 03 52610000. NSW Permit application number APP-0009267213.
APPENDIX A – AUSTRALIAN SELECTED STORES
107 Horton Street, Port Macquarie NSW 2444 – Main Store.
21-23 Wharf Street, Forster, NSW, 2428
67-73 Manning Street, CNR Manning & Albert Streets, Taree NSW 2430
75 Liverpool Street Hobart TAS 7000
Shop 27, Northgate Shopping Centre 387-393 Main Road Glenorchy TAS 7010
127 Charles Street Launceston TAS 7250
12 Mount Street Burnie TAS 7320
28 Orlando Street, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales 2450
82 Beach Street, Woolgoolga, New South Wales, 2456
Park Beach Plaza, Shop 34, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales 2450
Coffs Central, 35-61 Harbour Dr, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales 2450
Toormina Gardens, Shop 3 & 4Toormina, New South Wales 2452
106 Surf Coast HWY, Torquay Vic 3228 – Main Store
Shop 2276 Westfield Geelong, 95 Malop St. Geelong 3220
67 The Terrace, Ocean Grove Victoria 3226
83 Great Ocean Road, Aireys Inlet Victoria 3231
65 Queen St, Busselton 6280 – Main Store
10/34 Dunn Bay Road, Dunsborough 6281
18 Prinsep St, Bunbury 6230
Eaton Fair, Corner of Recreation and Eaton Drive, Bunbury 6230
107B Bussell Hwy, Margaret River 6285
183 York St, Albany 6330
121 Junction Street, Nowra NSW 2541 – Main Store
Shop 58, Stockland Mall, Nowra NSW 2541
55 Owen Street, Huskisson NSW 2540
The Surf Boardroom/Cordingleys
21 Scarborough Beach Rd, Scarborough WA 6019
Shop 4, Rendezvous Hotel, 148 The Esplanade, Scarborough Beach 6019
T7/119 Princes Hwy, Ulladulla NSW 2539
Junction Fair, 28/204 Union St, The Junction NSW 2291
Colonnades - SP150 Colonnades Shopping Centre, Noarlunga, SA, 5168
Seaford - T41 Seaford Shopping Centre, Seaford, SA, 5169
Geelong - 138 Malop Street, Geelong, Victoria 3220
Greensborough - 55 Main St, Greensborough, Victoria 3088
Fitzroy - 430 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065
Malvern - 825 Dandenong Rd, Malvern East, Victoria 3145
Mentone - 6 Nepean Hwy, Mentone, Victoria 3194
Sorrento - 131 Ocean Beach Road, Sorrento, Victoria 3943
Mornington - 901 Nepean Hwy, Mornington, Victoria 3931
APPENDIX A – NEW ZEALAND SELECTED STORES
Shop 68 NorthWest Shopping Centre, 7 Fred Taylor Drive, Westgate, Auckland 0814, NZ
71 Barrys Point Road, Takapuna, Auckland 0622, NZ
Shop #S64 Centre Place, 501 Victoria Street, Hamilton 3204, NZ
Shop #136 Chartwell Shopping Centre, 189 Hukanui Road, Hamilton 3204, NZ
390 Wairere Drive, Hamilton 3200, NZ
48 Arawa Street, Matamata 3400, NZ
14 Horomatangi Street, Taupo 3330, NZ
24 Pacific Avenue, Mt Maunganui 3116, NZ
1243 Tutanekai Street, Rotorua 3010, NZ
Shop #26 Papamoa Plaza, 7 Gravatt Road, Papamoa 3118, NZ
21 Currie Street, New Plymouth 4310, NZ
71 Emerson Street, Napier 4110, NZ
Shop #1 Havelock Road ,Havelock North 4130, NZ
92 The Square, Palmerston North 4410, NZ
82 Victoria Ave, Whanganui 4500, NZ
Shop #2 Airport Retail Park, George Bolt Street, Rongotai, Wellington 6022, NZ
Shop #59 Coastlands Shoppingtown, Main Road, Paraparaumu, Wellington 5032, NZ
Unit 3, 1105 Ferry Road, Woolston, Christchurch 8023, NZ