We’ll recycle your old wetsuit.
Wetsuits are great. They keep us warm, protected and increase our ability to surf year round.
But when we’re done with them it can be tricky to ﬁgure out what to do next. That’s where we come in!
In partnership with global recycling leader TerraCycle, we have launched our Wetsuit Recycling Program across Australia, USA, France, Portugal and Spain.
Now surfers across the globe can recycle any surf branded wetsuit at participating Rip Curl stores.
How The Recycling Process Works:
1. Mail your old wetsuits back to Rip Curl... OR drop off your old wetsuits at your nearest selected store.
2. Your old wetsuit is then sent with others collected to TerraCycle.
3. Once at Terracycle, your wetsuits will be crumbed into new raw material.
4. This new raw material can then be used for the creation of things like soft fall matting playgrounds.
How To Mail In Your Wetsuit:
Mail your suit to:
RIP CURL, WETSUIT RECYCLING,
193 Avenida La Pata, San Clemente, CA 92673
If you're based in Europe, click here.
If you're based in Australia, click here.
You do not need to clean your wetsuit before dropping it off for recycling, however, Rip Curl stores will not accept wet items, so please make sure your items are dry.
Find Your Closest Selected Store:
FR RC PARIS
FR RC CHAMONIX
FR RC MERIGNAC
FR RC BIARRITZ
FR RC BIARRITZ GIRL
FR RC HOSS.MEN
FR RC HOSS.GIRL
FR RC TECHNIQUE SOORTS
FR RC OUTLET SOORTS
FR RC ANGLET
FR RC BIDART
FR RC TOULOUSE
FR RC ARCACHON
FR ALPE D'HUEZ
FR RC MIMIZAN
FR RC SABLE D'OLONNE
FR RC BISCARROSSE
FR RC BREST
FR RC LACANAU
FR RC HYERES
FR RC MOLIETS
Projet 1 Barcelone
Frequently Asked Questions
Participating in this program is easy and FREE! See answers to frequently-asked questions here.
Any brand of used surf wetsuits. The program does not accept:
- Diving suits
Rip Curl sponsors this national recycling program, making it free for you to participate.
No, you do not need to clean your wetsuit before dropping it off for recycling. Rip Curl Stores will not accept dripping items, so please make sure your items are dry.
If you are based in Australia, you can mail in your wetsuit at no cost to you. Please see How To Mail It In section above for further instructions.
If you are based in the United States or Europe, you will need to pay for postage to recycle your wetsuit by post at this stage.
Once at Terracycle, your wetsuits will be crumbed into new raw material. This new raw material can then be used for the creation of things like soft fall matting playgrounds.
Looking To Repair Your Wetsuit Instead?
Our Wetsuit Service Center is owned and operated by
Rip Curl which means you will receive the best quality service.
Our Warranty includes:
3 years on stitching
1 year on all other materials
3 months on accessories
We are also able to repair wetsuits that are out of warranty to prolong the life of your favorite suit.
Learn more about our Wetsuit Service Centre here.
Shop Our Latest Wetsuits
These wetsuits are designed for premium durability and flexibility when you’re out on The Search.
The perfect balance between function and aesthetic, with innovative fast drying technology.
- E7 Flashbomb HeatSeeker 3/2 Zip Free WetsuitAs low as $499.95 USD
- Flashbomb 3/2 Zip Free WetsuitAs low as $399.95 USD
- Flashbomb 3/2 Chest Zip WetsuitRegular Price $399.95 USD$279.99 - $449.95 USDAs low as $279.99 USD
- Flashbomb 4/3 Chest Zip Wetsuit$419.95 - $469.95 USDAs low as $419.95 USD
- Women's E-Bomb 3/2 Zip Free WetsuitAs low as $319.95 USD
- Women's E7 Limited Edition E-Bomb 3/2mm Zip Free WetsuitAs low as $349.95 USD
Rip Curl Gives Your Old Wetsuits a Second Life
Surfers across the globe can recycle any surf branded wetsuit at participating Rip Curl stores. All recycled rubber will now be repurposed for use in the safety attenuation layer of soft fall matting used at playgrounds and outdoor gyms.